The intention of providing individuals with an increased quality of life is achieved by the following objectives:-
- Increase muscular strength and endurance which can deteriorate through a sedentary lifestyle or inactivity.
- Improve an individual’s joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Strengthen bone mass which can be weakened in our advancing years by osteoporosis.
- Relieve some of the painful symptoms of arthritis.
- Improve circulation and assist with the reduction of high blood pressure.
- Reduce health related risk factors.
- Optimise general state of health providing a feeling of general well-being.
- Improve balance and mobility which will then assist with general movement and functional activities.
- Improve neuromuscular control (postural conscience) which will further improve balance and mobility.